Wireless Data Acquisition
Introducing WiSI ("Why-Sigh"). WiSI is an all-in-one radio, IP-67 rated outdoor/weather-proof data acquisition and control device designed for rapid deployment to monitor and control remote sensors.
WiSI feature model has an integrated solar panel, 10-year maintenance-free energy storage and communicates up to a week without sunlight. With a 2.4GHz radio, data is passed up to 2 miles per hop with 128-bit AES encryption.
Standard I/O includes 4 each: analog inputs, digital inputs, digital outputs; 5V and 18VDC instrument supplies for powering sensors or a 4-20mA loop, and an RS232 port. WiSI wireless networks integrate into systems via Modbus RTU.
- Up to 2 mile range per hop at 2.4GHz - no license required
- 128-bit AES encryption
- Solar power with backup power for running overnight*
- No maintenance / no batteries to change*
- 5 volt and 18 volt supply for powering sensors
- Modbus interface provides flexibility - view collected data and dynamically adjust system
- Low power indication
- Environmental Protection IP 67 rated enclosure
- User definable alarming conditions for AI & DI channels
- Digital I/O mapping - 2 nodes
- Transmit LED
- Onboard switch to force transmission
- Onboard temperature measurement
- Serial port for modifying settings and sending data
- Easily integrates with Rugid RTUs - automatic array generation
- Easy installation - only need to attach local signal wires
- Easy network setup through FREE configuration software
- Low power, suitable for energy harvesting applications
- Viewable signal strength for installation and debugging
- Fits inside standard 2-inch ID pipe
- 4 12-bit analog inputs, hardware pre-configured with a combination of the following types (please check WiSI ordering page for offerings):
•0 - 5 volts or 0 - 2.5 volts
•0 - 20 mA
• 0 - 2.2 volt
- 4 digital inputs (powered, 0 - 24V input).
- 4 digital outputs (0 - 42V, 2A).
- 5 volt DC instrument supply (25 mA total combined 5V & 18V supplies).
- 18 volt DC instrument supply (25 mA total combined 5V & 18V supplies).
- IP 67 rated backshell houses connections and seals to the WiSI package for a water-tight fit.
- High-density DB-26 solder-cup or crimp-contact capable of accepting 22 AWG wire.
- Embedded 2.5 db gain omni antenna.
- RP-SMA connector for attaching external antenna.
- Local solar panel and maintenance-free energy storage or external 6-12 volts DC*.
- External 6-24 volts DC**.
- As low as 2mA at 12.5 volts DC, 25mA load**.
- IP 67 rated thermoplastic outdoor enclosure.
- IP 67 rated backshell for housing connections.
- Easily mounts inside a 2-inch ID pipe or backpan**.
- The WiSI is programmed via our configuration console software which is available FREE from our downloads page.